Room For Answers

I love lists, surveys, quizzes. Be sure to check out my "real" blog:

Saturday, September 09, 2006

You Know You're From Virginia When:

You Know You're From Virginia When...


Speed limits are just suggestions This really isn't just VA, though.

You have at least two friends who have no idea what their relatives do...because its "top secret" government work Haha, yeah. I said that for awhile, "I can't tell you what I do..."

Most of your senior class wend to Mason, JMU, Tech, VCU or UVA Ew, yes.

When people ask where you're from, you tell them DC because its easier to explain Haha, I did that my first day at college, said I was from DC and someone asked where exactly, hahaha. Oh man!

You've never told someone you're from Virginia without putting "northern," "central," or "southern" in front of it (See above.) I always say "northern"

It's not actually tailgating unless your bumper is touching the car in front of you.
Oh no! I have good following distances.

You know yellow light means at least 5 more cars can get through. (Yeah, man...at least. Probably also happens everywhere else.) A red light means 2 more can. Nah!

You actually know what the black boxes at stoplights are for. Yes, but not from experience.

You are amused by visiting relatives who are actually excited to see Washington, DC. This does crack me up, but in an adorable way.

You took a field trip to Williamsburg as a kid
No, actually. I went once with my family and loved Colonial Will'burg and wanted to go to William and Mary up until I took my tour there and didn't like it.

You or someone in your family has a Smart Tag. Not me.

An inch of snow and you miss 3 days of school
. Are you kidding? We get out for rain.

All the potholes just add a little excitement to your driving experience
. Hate those.

Crown Victoria = undercover cop. haha yes! I so want a CV.

Subway is a fast food place. The transportation system is known as Metro, and only Metro. Love this. Love when we get to NYC and still say metro:) Not me, though.

They just tore down the old farm house across the street and put 12 new McMansions in its place *sigh*, not yet.

For the cost of your house, you could own a small town in Iowa
. Ugh.

If you stay on the same road long enough, it will eventually have three new names.
Very true!

You have to dial the area code to call your neighbor
I'm a 540.

"Vacation" means spending a day at King's Dominion or Busch Gardens.
It does?

"Going to the River" means any stream with water. RAPPPAHANNOCK, thank you very much.

You have never been served tea without the waitress asking "sweet or unsweetened?"
True.

Your favorite past time is telling West Virginia jokes.
oh yeah, my favorite pasttime ever. Ha, no.

Anyone who can't trace his or her ancestry back to at least four generations in Virginia is an outsider. Ummmmmm, then I'm an outsider? Well, 1/2.

"Going to the beach" means anywhere from Ocean City to Virginia Beach to Myrtle Beach. OC for me.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Virginia.

15 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger Buffy said...

Poor WV.

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This list should be called, "you know you're from Northern Virginia when" ...coming from a Southwestern VA girl...and I do say I'm from "southwestern VA" not just "virginia'...hah. Funny list.

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah im from stafford.so 540 and what not.and none of this applies to me.reckon it oughta be north stafford and up.not south.

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea thats def a NorVa list..Imma Beach kid but still hilarious

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

540!
are you from the harrisonburg area?

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think some of these things apply to Maryland too! I mean the Metro thing and the multi-named road thing. Or maybe that's just my county...

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damee this is soo truee northern va bitches u should all stop hatenn;)

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Savannah said...

im not really sure what part im in :O ahh this is sad! haha but not all of those apply down here :P

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

434 cville

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo im 540 also. cpep anyone? and yeah most of this stuff is true. and i have 6 generations on one side, so im a true virginian :)

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a poor list. Sure this is great if you live in the country parts of VA. But I'm a beach kid. You basically insulted everyone who lives in VA. I'm offended.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Time to Turn Life Around. said...

I'm with everyone else on this one...this is only about Northern Virginia; as I use "the" when addressing the Metro, and I still like to go see Washington DC.

Also, when you said a Crown Victoria equals a cop (which is one thing I agree with), and then said you want a "CV," I kind of wanted to shoot myself. There's no such thing as a CV radio - you mean a CB. And you would know this if you actually knew what it stood for: Citizens' Band.

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moved to VA when I was 2. Lived in the valley since I was 10. SO TRUE!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They put CV as Crown Victoria..

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude.... my area code is 540 and the Rappahannock is the closet river to me too. I'm scared. O.O
That crown vic thing is totally annoying half the time, because everyone slows down (me too, but still :P) even if they're not breaking the law. It's annoying, especially when it's a really old man in the car or something. -_-
Great list, I loved it! Pretty much true, I'll admit :P

P.S.: My spell-check thinks that Rappahannock is supposed to be nonappearance. I'm so confused. o.O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home